Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gas-inine

Oops, I did it again: I waited to fill my gas tank until Saturday, the day that the Giant gas points expired. And predictably, the gas station in the New Garden Giant shopping center was packed, to the point that an employee had to stand there directing traffic.
The man in the truck behind me said it was so crowded earlier in the day that vehicles were lined up clear out into the shopping center parking lot. He decided to do some other errands and come back later.
The maximum number of gallons you can get using your discount points is 30, and people told me they planned carefully so they could pull into the station "running on fumes" to get as much cheap gas as possible. I saw one guy filling three plastic gas cans in addition to his truck. I didn't plan very well, so I got to buy only 9 gallons rather than the 14-plus that my vehicle holds.
The next gas promotion ends June 23. I'm marking it on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment