Saturday, September 1, 2012

All's well that ends well

Thanks to an almost unbelievable chain of mishaps that started on Monday, we didn't have running water for the better part of the week. Nothing coming out of the faucet. No toilet. No shower. No laundry. No ice cubes. No coffee. No dishwashing.
But with the help of lots of bottled water and kind friends, it really wasn't that bad. Living without electric power is infinitely worse. I've done both, and as long as I have my smartphone, my computer and plenty of work to do, I'm pretty much a happy camper, even if it does involve some "roughing it" skills I learned way back in the Girl Scouts.
Plus, if you've made up your mind to be a hardy country person with a well instead of public water, you really can't whine about such a minor hardship (minor for me, that is, but not for people who have horses or livestock they need to keep watered, of course). Nonetheless ... my deepest gratitude goes out to everyone who worked so hard to get the water back running!

No comments:

Post a Comment