Friday, September 28, 2012

Clothes horse

I was leafing through the October "Vogue" at the hair salon the other day (my life is a difficult one) and found a four-page Tommy Hilfiger ad. It appears the designer has taken his inspiration this season from the sporting world, and the photos showed immaculately groomed models posing with immaculately groomed horses and foxhounds. (I did some research and found that the ad was shot in Warrenton, Virginia, by superstar fashion photographer Craig McDean.)
They're nice clothes and boots and bags, I suppose, though the checkered helmets are silly. But I couldn't help but notice the difference between Mr. Hilfiger's stylized view of equestrian garb and the smart, timeless clothes I see real people wearing when they are out riding and foxhunting around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment