Saturday, January 26, 2013

Risky turn

I've mentioned before how much I dislike turning left off Baltimore Pike into the Longwood Crossing shopping center (the one with Starbucks, Staples and Superfresh). It almost claimed another victim on Saturday afternoon. My friend was coming up to that turn when the light turned yellow. He started slowing down, but the car behind him didn't. He realized that he'd have to run the light if he didn't want to get rear-ended! And then the guy behind him ended up stopping at the light anyway.
It took my friend a good half-hour to calm down from this near-miss.
Awful intersection!
(As soon as I posted this, I heard from a few readers who had accidents here. It seems like every few weeks there's a new pile of refuse from an accident, some glass or broken trim, along the shoulder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment