Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cracked me up

A friend told me that her husband came off his horse while going over a jump during a lesson, landed hard and was in significant pain with what they feared were broken ribs.
I sympathized, per usual, and asked if I could bring them a pizza or subs for dinner.
No, thanks, she said. I could tell she was trying really hard not to laugh when she explained that they had to finish the previous night's leftovers ... BBQ ribs.
As it turns out, the ribs (the human kind) were not broken, just seriously bruised, and he's back in the saddle. So I had lunch today with the wife and the Cranky Friend, and the latter came up with an idea that is a sure-fire winner: there should be a shop in Unionville that stocks all manner of splints, braces, walkers, canes, cold and heat pads, and rehab equipment. Just on the off chance that anybody around here should suffer any equine-related injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment