Saturday, December 7, 2013

Open Studio

Artist Jill Beech held her annual open studio at her East Fallowfield home on Saturday, and I was fortunate enough to hear about it (thanks for the tip, Laura!). Jill, a world-renowned veterinarian who recently retired from New Bolton Center, works in ceramics and copper, with tribal, equestrian, anatomical and nature themes, and I enjoyed wandering through the three rooms full of her work. I bought a stunning mobile of dancing copper leaves that I plan to hang in my office, and I saw several people buying bowls and plates with pine-needle motifs.
I also had a great time catching up with Chuck Ginty of Unionville -- he told me about the fun and the challenges he's having renovating the old hotel at the corner of Route 82 and Wollaston Road. He is converting it into two large apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment