Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lunchtime favorite

My regular readers know that I'm not much of a shopper: For me, buying stuff isn't the avocation, stress-reliever and conversation starter that it is for some. But I have to put in a good word for this product: Dr. McDougall's "Right Foods" soups, which have become a lunchtime staple for me (when I'm not eating out). They cost between $1.49 and $1.99 in the health food section of the Giant, and every flavor I've had is delicious -- things like tortilla soup and Chinese noodle soup (all vegan) and their Asian entrees like Thai peanut noodle. All you do is add water to the little cardboard cup, nuke them for about 2 minutes and then let them sit for a few minutes to cook. They're about 200 calories per container (I ignore the "per serving" data), with minimum fat (but watch the sodium if you need to).

No comments:

Post a Comment