Friday, October 10, 2014

BAD BEHAVIOR: A clear and present danger on the road

On Thursday night I was driving home from dinner at La Pena Mexicana (delicious shrimp tacos) when I noticed a car tailgating me on Newark Road. For the next few miles the driver sat on my bumper, all the way to my house. I was tempted to stop on my narrow road, walk back and confront him or her, but I thought better of it (the thought of the scolding I'd get from my mother dissuaded me).
Via social media I found out that the same vehicle had been speeding and tailgating on Route 926 and had passed in a no-passing zone on Newark Road.
A friend of mine told me about a program that Wyoming has that's called REDDI ("Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately"). I wish we had a program like that here. I would've called as soon as I pulled into my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment