Thursday, October 30, 2014

IN THE BAG: The consequences of technology

A neighbor and friend recounts the following story:
"It all began one day when a friend and I decided to take a short trip. We were not that familiar with the roads but as we got closer, we recognized landmarks. We got out of the car and went into the town's library to run an errand.
We got back into the car and continued on down the now-familiar road towards our destination and all seemed to be going well - UNTIL I heard a woman's voice coming from the trunk of my car!
I looked at my friend at the precise moment that she looked at me wondering if I had said something. We quickly realized that neither one of us had said a word.
Then we heard that woman's voice talking loudly to us again! We listened to the words: "Turn left at the next intersection on route ___."
Well, that gave it away. When they were on familiar ground, they no longer needed the GPS. When they got out to go into the library's they'd stashed it in a bag in the trunk.
They stopped by a restaurant and "we laughed and laughed and laughed and talked about the woman in the trunk ... and a poor woman looked at us quite frightened! We were forced to explain."

No comments:

Post a Comment