Thursday, April 28, 2016

DELIVERY: Hey, pizza man

If you ordered a pizza from a well-known local delivery joint on Wednesday evening, April 27, and it was cold upon arrival, I may have an explanation.
At about 7 p.m., while I was on my way to pick up a West Grove friend for dinner, I noticed a pizza delivery vehicle pulled over by police at the intersection of  Rosehill and State Roads, near the Avon Grove High School. I was amused and was going to snap a photograph after I picked up my pal, but when we returned a few minutes later it was gone. We headed eagerly toward La Pena Mexicana in Kennett. But then the very same vehicle (it had some distinctive body damage, in addition to the pizza sign on the roof) passed us at a high rate of speed on Baltimore Pike between Toughkenamon and Kennett, possibly rushing back to his home base.
Apparently someone didn't learn his lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment