Thursday, July 21, 2016

READING: Thad Pennock at work

I am so enjoying "Necessary Vengeance," a thriller written by Unionville native Clipper LaMotte. I usually have a tough time keeping fictional characters straight, but in this book both the good guys and bad guys are described so vividly that I have no problem remembering who is who.
I just finished reading an exciting chapter in which an FBI agent gets to a Philadelphia storage locker and snags a briefcase literally seconds ahead of a very shady personal assistant who is on the take.
The local references -- part of the book takes place in Chester County "horse country"-- are fun and accurate. My go-to pleasure reading usually involves quaint English villages from many years ago, so it's refreshing to read a novel in which cell phones and Google are vital parts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment