Thursday, September 15, 2016

WOUNDS: Stitches with a smile


I have almost -- I say, almost -- gotten used to my horseback riding friends shrugging off the most hideous injuries and just taping up their afflicted limb with vet wrap. I may need to add fitness instructors to this strong-stomached group.
A friend was cleaning up after dinner when a glass bowl slipped out her hands, broke on the granite countertop and then hit her right knee, slicing a deep and long -- but painless -- gash. She mopped everything up and went to coach her swim team's practice BEFORE driving to the urgent care clinic in Kennett, where they put in nine stitches. And the next day, there she was teaching an aerobics class at the Y!
"You know me: I hate to miss class," she said cheerfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment