Wednesday, December 28, 2016

CHRISTMAS: Wonderful parties

A few memorable Christmas quotes I heard:
1. "My sister-in-law asked for my scalloped potatoes recipe and I had to 'fess up: they came from Costco. She couldn't believe it!" A friend who brought fabulous chicken teriyaki meatballs to a Dec. 23 party. They were from, you guessed it, Costco.
2. My companion, as we're driving along Cherry Lane, off Schoolhouse Road, on our way to a Christmas Eve dinner, suddenly bursts out, "Oooo, baby, light my fire!"
"What? WHAT??" I ask in confusion.
"Those women, setting out luminaries along the curb," he said. "What did you think I meant?"
3. "That's the sign of a good party, when people are sitting on the steps." The host, at a Christmas Eve party.
4. "You haven't seen 'Frozen'?" Addressed to me, with utter wonderment and disbelief, by an adorable preschooler after Christmas dinner.
5. "But I have student loans!" A recent college graduate, losing a box full of possibly-winning lottery tickets to his cousin in a cut-throat game of Greedy Santa after Christmas dinner.
6. "I'm actually really looking forward to getting back into the routine." A partied-out friend at the gym, on Dec. 27.





No comments:

Post a Comment