Saturday, November 18, 2017

UHS: The Art Gala

Paintings, photographs, metal sculptures, etchings, pottery, carved rocks, jewelry, fused glass, painted furniture, collages, tiles, paper sculptures and probably lots of other media I'm forgetting about were on display this past weekend at the 42nd annual Unionville Art Gala, a fundraiser for the high school PTA.
I made several circuits of the artwork on Saturday afternoon and had to keep reminding myself that I'm trying to get rid of things, not acquire more. I think my favorite works were the whimsical little etchings and paintings of animals and woodland sprites by Katy Winters of Havertown.
As always, part of the gala was devoted to pieces created by UHS students, including portraits, still lifes, jewelry, Adirondack chairs, sculptures and even a beautiful prom gown. The featured artists were seniors Margaret Clisham and Helen Nichols. I recognized several names, either as friends of the Young Relative's or from school activities. The talent on display was impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment