Friday, September 21, 2018

CVS: Customer management

I was under the weather this week with some mystery ailment and tried several prescriptions, to the point that the pharmacy guys at the Longwood CVS started recognizing me. Every time I was there, the clerks were amazingly busy, so while waiting in line I had a chance to watch them in action. Their kindness and patience never seemed to flag. 
One weekend afternoon, 45 minutes before closing, there was a middle-aged woman in front of us holding a page-long list of her family's scripts. Despite the growing line of customers behind her, she went down them one by one, noting whether the medication needed to be refilled or should have been refilled. One of the refill dates didn't match, and she explained repeatedly what she thought had gone wrong.
The clerk was sympathetic and helpful. She might have been the only customer in the pharmacy, as much time as he took to reassure her and clear up the confusion.
On the other hand, I was impatient and I am sure pursed my lips and rolled my eyes, because, you know, it should all be about me, not someone whose kids have chronic medical needs requiring an ongoing page-long list of meds …

No comments:

Post a Comment