Saturday, September 8, 2018

HEADLIGHTS: I can see clearly now

I was telling my eye doctor, Dr. Renny Sardella, how annoying oncoming headlights have become recently. He offered two pieces of practical advice: keep your windshield clean and turn down the brightness of your dashboard display. I tried both and I believe it has helped with the glare.
I was reminded of "the island of Unionville" while at Dr. Sardella's office in Willowdale. I knew three of the four patients in the waiting room, and we started talking about local politics, including the problems that Kennett Township has had with its anti-solicitation ordinance: a pest control company challenged the township's restriction on hours for sales calls as an infringement on its free speech (maybe you read the article in this newspaper).
When one of us asked about the permitted hours, the fourth patient in the waiting room, to that point silent, promptly stated what they were. Apparently we have a well-informed citizenry about local affairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment