Tuesday, June 18, 2019

EAST MARLBOROUGH: Bagel shop closes

Palm-A-Bagel, in the Marlborough Square Shopping Center, closed its doors this week; apparently the owners are moving out of state. One of my readers wrote to say, "They made the best bagels and had that NYC cultural contribution."
I've been eating low-carb for a year, which alas doesn't include bagels (even freshly made ones), but I remember full well how tasty they were.
Coincidentally, I have another bread anecdote to share: at the Giant checkout this evening I overheard one excited young employee saying to another, "Dude! You just changed my life!" and he hustled off. I asked the coworker how exactly he had changed his friend's life and he showed me a new product, a mini-pack of King's Hawaiian Rolls. The smaller size makes a perfect snack, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment