Thursday, December 3, 2020

Seeking clarity

Two "say what?" moments on today's errand run:

On Baltimore Pike near the Longwood Village shopping center the SUV in front of me had one of those oval magnets on the back that said WTF. I pulled closer and saw, with a smile, that it stood for Wild Thyme Flowers, the florist on Kennett Pike. 

A few minutes later the radio announcer, giving a public service announcement, said, "If you're over 55 and tired and want to share your expertise with others..." Wait, what? If I'm tired, why would someone want to volunteer for something like this? Then I realized he must have said, "over 55 and REtired." Yeah, that makes a bit more sense.

Also a shoutout to John at Sardella Eye Associates in Willowdale, who did a super job tweaking my eyeglasses so the lenses were balanced. He said everyone's spectacles are getting out of whack because we're all donning masks, adjusting them, and taking them off repeatedly during the day.

I watched him gently bending my wire frames and said, "Yeah, I was thinking of doing exactly that myself --"

"Don't!" he said firmly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment