Friday, April 9, 2021

Pro-Vaxxer

Re: the COVID-19 vaccination program: 

1. I'm healthy and under 65. I fully expected to wait until sometime this summer before getting my vaccination, and I was fine with being at the back of the line. Let the vaccine go to those who are more at risk.

2. In anticipation of the relaxed eligibility guidelines, I registered online with the Chester County Health Department last week. They said they'd notify me when they could give me an appointment.

3. I got an email from CCHD yesterday announcing that I was eligible; did I want to schedule an appointment? I did indeed!

4. Minutes later (literally), I got an email offering me an appointment for 16 hours later at my first-choice location: the Jennersville YMCA, only 20 minutes from my house. They attached a two-page form that I filled out and signed.

5. I showed up at the Y. The workers could not have been nicer and the whole process couldn't have been easier or more efficient. Before I knew it, I'd received my vaccine in the left arm and scored that beautiful, coveted vaccine card. 

6. I hung out in the waiting area for a while (they want to make sure you don't have a bad reaction). Even this wasn't a hassle, as my brother got his shot shortly after me, and we got to catch up on news.

This is just my experience, of course, but I have nothing but good things to say about the entire process. 10 out of 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment