Saturday, March 30, 2013

Impatient

A normally even-tempered friend who lives on Newark Road here in West Marlborough texted me the other evening, half-furious, half-frightened. Seems someone had been tailgating her on her road and then blew past her -- passing blindly while going up a hill. And a few days before, she said, there had been a four-car pileup near her driveway.
I'd bet everyone on Newark Road has similar stories, and I actually think it's getting worse. A few weeks back on Street Road, a guy was on my bumper from Newark Road all the way to Lamborntown Road, at which point he gunned his engine and zoomed past me. Seems he wasn't happy that I slowed down to let an opossum cross the road.
I was glad to see a State Trooper parked at London Grove Friends Meeting the other morning watching for people running the stop sign there -- which they do all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment