Thursday, November 26, 2020

Seeking enlightenment with Scott

I am so grateful to Lowe's employee Scott, who saved me a great deal of time yesterday. I had a vague sense that the light fixtures in my living room could be brighter, so I unscrewed one of the bulbs and headed over to Lowe's, hoping to create a more cheerful living space. Well! Buying lightbulbs is not so simple anymore. You are confronted with a dizzying array of halogens, fluorescents, and LEDs of all shapes, sizes, efficiencies and dimming options. Fortunately employee Scott came to the rescue. He fired up the magnifying app on his phone so he could perceive the important numbers printed on the base of my lightbulb and then explained my options: for instance, did I want soft light, daylight or bright light? I didn't think the base of the bulb he recommended would fit my wall-sconce fixtures, but he assured me it would (and he was right). Scott was a huge help. I also want to give a shout out to Debbie, the woman who was managing the very busy checkout area. When faced with some impatient customers, she kept her cool, looked them straight in the eye and told them to wait their turn. Wisely, they listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment