Sunday, November 25, 2012

Snowing!

As I'm writing this on Sunday afternoon, it's overcast and 36 degrees and a few flakes of snow are spiraling around outside my office window -- the first of the season! Just this past week our township road crew posted the yellow "No Winter Maintenance" warning signs on the gravel roads I regularly travel. Here's hoping that we get more of the white stuff than we did last winter. As I recall, the only snow worth mentioning last season occurred before Halloween!
At Starbucks on Saturday -- you'll recall what a blustery day it was -- I got to chatting with a motorcyclist and asked him if his thickly insulated jacket and pants kept him warm while he was piloting his shiny BMW bike. Yes, he said, plenty warm, although when it drops much below 20 degrees, he hangs up the motorcycle keys. Sounds sensible to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment