Friday, November 16, 2018

THANKSGIVING: Always time for gratitude

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, may I take this opportunity to thank you for reading my column, sharing your news with me and supporting local journalism. I have a lot of fun writing "Unionville in the News," and from what you've told me you enjoy reading about the athletic and studious Young Relative (now taking a much-deserved rest until the next sports season), the long-suffering Dearest Partner (who just didn't know what he was getting into), the always colorful goings-on in the unique community that is Unionville, and all of the other small but vital moments that make up life but don't make it into the newspaper.
I started writing this column as a blog in 2010 in response to all the ill-informed, mean-spirited snarkiness and rudeness that I saw online and in public life. We can do better, I thought (and still do). Let it begin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment