Wednesday, February 12, 2020

COUNTRY LIFE: Feeding the critters

I was en route to the Jennersville Y the other afternoon when a small car with a hay bale on the roof turned off Route 926 onto Hood Road, near the SECCRA landfill. Predictably, the unsecured bale fell off onto the road. I pulled over, as did the hay-hauling car. I picked up the bale and carried it up to the car, which was battered and so full of bales that the hatchback barely closed. 
The elderly, weather-beaten passenger got out, thanked me and asked me to put the bale next to the car rather than replacing it on the roof. She said she didn't want my legs to get scratched up (I was wearing a gym skirt).
I hope they didn't have to go around many more corners to get to their farm.
When I shared this story with Dearest Partner, his comment was "You certainly see some odd things." He reminded me of the time a few months ago when I drove past a cow peacefully grazing in a cemetery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment