Thursday, February 13, 2020

PRIMARIES: Getting petitions filed

I was much in demand on Wednesday evening -- at least, my signature was. I'm known as a "supervoter" -- someone who faithfully shows up at the polls twice a year -- and was asked to attend a petition-signing party on behalf of the candidates from my political party who want to be listed on the April 28 primary ballot. 
So I stopped by as requested. I shook a lot of hands, listened to political chitchat, and signed the petitions of candidates I supported. Deadlines for filing were approaching, so four petition-signing parties were being held that evening around the county.
I had to turn down the really nice-looking spread of food, though, because I was en route to dinner (salmon over bok choy at Sake Hana in Avondale!).


No comments:

Post a Comment