Wednesday, February 12, 2020

WEST MARLBOROUGH: Hungry birds

I headed down to Wild Birds Unlimited in Hockessin to stock up on bird seed and suet and learned that my timing was excellent: owner Charles Shattuck informed me they're having a sale on bagged seed, suet, mealworms, bark butter and seed cylinders through February 29. 
After a slow start, my backyard birdfeeders have been busy. The woodpeckers can go through a suet cake within a few days. I bought two bags of seed and a case of "Naturally Nuts" suet, which should hold them for a while.
Charles also told me that his store has started a new program: they're working with Eco-Plastic Products to recycle the plastic birdseed bags and turn them into park benches. Jim Kelley, a representative from the small Wilmington nonprofit, will be discussing the "Bags to Benches" project on Saturday, February 22, at 9 a.m. at the Wild Birds store.



No comments:

Post a Comment