Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Expired

I bought my vehicle last December, and I've been thinking that I'd better get around to booking an appointment to get it inspected again. I assumed that because I bought it in December, the inspection would be valid through the end of this December.
WRONG. I checked the window sticker on Nov. 19 and was astonished to find that it had expired at the end of October!
Lest our township police officer, Lt. Bob Clarke, pull me over (he already calls me "Speedy" for some unjustified reason), I immediately drove over to the Springdell Garage and got it inspected on the spot.
Back in compliance!
By the way, the other day I got beeped at by the impatient motorist behind me because I refused to make a left turn from eastbound Baltimore Pike onto northbound Route 796 (in front of the crumbling Red Rose Inn) even though there was no oncoming traffic. Sorry, guy: the light for the turning lane was red; it's not one of those "yield on green" intersections. I am NOT turning illegally just to save you a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment