Saturday, June 28, 2014

Epic fail

And I was so assiduous about gathering Giant gas discount points! I challenged a Facebook friend; I used all the "2X" coupons in the circular; I bought five big boxes of tissues, enough to last through the winter, to earn more points.
The upshot was that I racked up seventy cents off per gallon of gas.
And then I forgot to use them: I filled up at another gas station the Thursday before the points expired.
What to do?
I offered them to a friend, who was thrilled at the idea of filling up her behemoth of a truck with discount gas. I loaned her my Giant card on Saturday morning and she headed straight to the Giant gas station in New Garden. Fifteen minutes later I got a call: the place was a mob scene. She said any savings were being offset by the gas she was using idling. She was heading home.
Next time I'm setting an alarm on my phone to remind me of the expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment