Wednesday, November 20, 2019

UHS: The Art Gala

On display at the UHS PTA's annual Unionville Art Gala this past weekend were works by numerous local artists, everything from landscapes and still lifes to jewelry, pottery, woodworking, collages, 3-D works and sculpture. The featured professional artist was Diane Cannon, whose work was showcased in the lobby, and the featured senior artist was Sophia Mayer (honorable mention went to Ashley Kirk and Claire Favor). When I stopped by on Saturday, I especially enjoyed seeing the display of artworks by the students and overheard one woman pointing to a senior's painting and saying fondly, "I had her in third grade!"
Outside the high school I was amused to see a different kind of art: Calculus students had graphed the solutions to differential equations on the sidewalk in colored chalk. Maybe I would have understood calculus better in the open air!

No comments:

Post a Comment