Monday, November 18, 2019

WILLOWDALE: A win-win situation

"Clear Your Clutter for a Good Cause," read the post about Rep. Christina Sappey's Nov. 16 event in Willowdale, and I took that as a command.
I spent an afternoon going through my kitchen drawers and cabinets and packed up unwanted gadgets, extra pots and pans, a rice cooker, excess tea towels, a double boiler, pie plates, and a springform cake pan (used once). How did I ever accumulate so many baskets? I cleaned out the pantry of jars of spaghetti sauce. I went through my closets and culled everything I hadn't worn in the past year or so (good-bye, purple wool Jones NY winter coat). 
Amidst my trunkload of stuff, I actually had enough items to donate to each of the nonprofits represented at the event: Green Drop, the Brandywine SPCA, David's Drive, the Food Bank, and the Marine Corps' annual Toys for Tots collection drive. Worthy causes all.

No comments:

Post a Comment